Highlighted Presidential Sessions
This year's 28 AERA Presidential Sessions provide a sense of the rich and compelling content designed to engage Annual Meeting attendees. As the Annual Meeting approaches, AERA will be unveiling sets of highlighted presidential sessions.
Stay tuned for more!
Stay tuned for more!
SET 1: Please click here to view additional session details.
- A Conversation between Edmund W. Gordon and Friends: Assessment in the Service of Teaching and Learning
- The Promise and Peril of Social Media in a Post-Truth Era
- Interdisciplinary Contributions to Civic Debate and Civic Reasoning: Post-Truth Complexities
- Indigenous Truths in Other People’s Democracies: Education Research in the Contested Spaces of the Pacific
- Learning Sciences, School Reform, and Teacher Preparation: Juxtaposing Knowledge and Methods for Equity and Social Justice
- Leveraging Research-Policy-Practice Networks for Knowledge Co-Construction, Mobilization and Adaptation in a Post-Truth Era
- A Presidential Circle: Sage Up: A Dialogical and Healing Space for Reimagining
SET 2: Please click here to view additional session details.
- America to Me: Examining Race and Schooling in the Suburban United States
- Raising Our Voices: Community-Minded Latinx Educators Reflect on Clinical Practices in Neoliberal Times
- Centering Us: The Role of Institutional Centers in Educational Sovereignty, Justice, and Liberation
- Have Your Heard: Podcasting as a Medium for Leveraging Education Research
- The Power and politics of Conducting Critical Research that Advances Educational Justice in the Age of Trump
- Innovation in Teacher Education: Towards a critical Re-Examination
- Race on Campus: Debunking Myths with Data'
- Gentrification, Neighborhoods, and School (Re)segregation
SET 3: Please click here to view additional session details.
- Forging a New Digital Commons: Youth Re-Imagining and Re-Claiming Public Life
- What Can Researchers, Philanthropies, and Practitioner-Educators Do to Democratize Evidence in Education?
- Skeptical and Affective Literacies: Redefining Critical Media Pedagogies in a ‘Post-Truth’ Era
- Bending Toward – or Away from – Racial Justice? An Interactive Case study in Educational Ethics
- Non-Linear Perspectives on Teacher Learning and Practice Across the Professional Continuum
- Strategic Communications for the Public Good: Multimodal Paths Toward an Asset-Based Understanding of Public Schools
Set 4: Please click here to view additional session details.
- The Opt Out Movement: Promoting Democratic Schooling through the Voice of Teachers, Parents, and Students
- The Resurgence of Zero Tolerance?: Combating the School-to-Prison Pipeline in a Post-Truth Era
- “Critical Bifocality” in a “Post-Truth” Era: The Increasing Necessity of Exploring Structure and Agency through Multimodal Methodologies to Address the Role of Education in Deepening Inequalities
- Educational Goods: Values-Driven and Evidence-Informed Decision Making
- Rethinking the Resource Discourse
- Digital Equity and Computer Science for All: Research Addressing the Normative, Political, Technical, and Pedagogical Dimensions of School Reform
- Some of Your ‘Faves’ are Problematic: Disrupting Common Yet Problematic Narratives, Theories, and Practice in Education